The Department was established in 2010, and now has become a full-fledged department with advanced laboratory facilities to train the students to meet the current needs of the fast changing industrial scenario.
Vision of the Department
To be a leading centre of eminence, providing competent civil engineering professionals, with state of the art knowledge of the industry and commitment to sustainable development of the society.
Mission of the Department
To provide quality education to students at undergraduate through constant knowledge upgradation and, to strive to maintain pace with the latest and most sophisticated innovations, research and development in the field of civil engineering within the ambit of sustainable development.
Program Educational Objectives
The following objectives are what the faculty expects graduates from the program to be able to accomplish a few years after the commencement of their careers and stem directly from the program mission. The alumni from the Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (B. Tech. CE) program at Civil Engineering Department of College of Engineering Kidangoor should:
- Practice in civil engineering or a related field.
- Practice and propagate concept of sustainable engineering.
- Pursue advanced or continuing education in civil engineering or a related field.
- Act as responsible, effective, and ethical citizens.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively.
Upon graduating from the B. Tech. program of Civil Engineering Department of College of Engineering Kidangoor, students should possess:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility as well as the importance of professional licensure.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to explain basic concepts in management, business, public policy, and leadership.
- An ability to evaluate concepts and ideas from alternative perspectives.
The students graduating from the program should possess
- Ability to carry out civil engineering planning and design independently.
- Ability to evaluate the project costs including that of the environmental impacts.
- Ability to use various software and tools required for professional civil engineering practice.